One of the most reliable way to make money online is by providing quality search results to search engine users, which is the primary assignment of a “Search Engine Evaluator.”
When search engine users, search for something or anything in a search engine, they hope that the first result is exactly what they are looking for. Of course, it doesn’t always happen, so one have to refine their search to get a better outcome.
At the dawn of search engines, most at times, you’d have to do this repeatedly until you got what you were looking for—and even then, you couldn’t always find what you wanted; Search engine evaluators help make this happen.
Also Read; How To Make Money Online.
A search engine evaluator provides feedback and ratings about what comes up. This feedback helps designers improve the quality of results to ensure users are being directed to what they want.
To further break this down because at this point, some people may still want to ask, what does a search engine evaluator do? What is so important about this profession?
Search engine evaluators:- review and rate the search results that return when users are searching for a specific term. Depending on the assignment, they might rate how useful the top search results are, if the search results are correct, or if the search results are what users are looking for.
Have You Read; How To Get Google AdSense Approval Easily?
Now, what are the required skills and experience for becoming a search engine evaluator?
Joining this awesome profession does not require an extensive set of specialized skills or experience. The main requirements are:
- A laptop or desktop, alongside, a smartphone (very helpful for some tasks).
- An access to high-speed internet (should be very reliable).
- Superior research skills.
- Ability to follow directions (the evaluation guidelines are explicit, and you’ll need to be able to follow them exactly).
- Bilingual skills (this is very helpful, as not all evaluator jobs are in English. Many positions are localized i.e evaluating the search results in a specific country or language, you need to be familiar with trends in that area).
Similar Post; How To Make Money Online as a Freelancer.
At this point, I know some people what to ask how much does a search engine evaluator make?
Research shows that the average annual salary for a search engine evaluator is around $35,471, and $17 per hour. These positions range from part-time to full-time and often make for a great side gig since they are frequently project-based.
Benefits of a search engine evaluator.
- Flexibility (while their employer may have a minimum and maximum amount of hours they can work in a week, they can often work as much or as little as they need to. And, they can generally work whenever they want as well).
- Fully remote status (there is no office to report to, and they can do their job nearly anywhere that has a high-speed internet connection).
- One does not need an advanced degree or specialized experience to be a search engine evaluator. As long as you are curious and a good researcher, you are very good to go.
Trending; Blogging; How To Make Money From It.
Obstacles of a search engine evaluator.
- While the job is very flexible, the work tends to be project-based. Once they finished a project, they may have to wait a while before the next one shows up, which means they aren’t earning money between assignments.
- Many employers have a non-compete clause, so they may not be able to work for more than one employer at once. And, if they leave an employer, they may not be able to work for their competitors for a certain amount of time.
- There may not be room for which projects they can pick, that is to say, they might have to search for topics they find objectionable or that aren’t in line with their personal beliefs.
Who employ or hire search engine evaluator?
Search engine companies like Google do not directly hire internet evaluators, they vest the work to third-parties or independent companies that hire for the positions, some of which are:
- Sykes, and so on.
Related Post; Make Money Online With Google AdSense.
In conclusion, search engine evaluators help search engines return the accurate feedback to users, so they can get to the information they need as quickly as possible.
They may not create the algorithms that tell the search engine what to do, but their results helps the programmers create better, smarter search engines that make users life a little easier.
That’s all I have to say about this for now, and I will keep sharing my experience, insights, and understandings on working and earning online as a search engine evaluator in future posts. Do not miss out, subscribe to our mailing newsletter to stay updated.
Feel free to tell us how you feel about this article and if you know other useful tips on working and earning online as a search engine evaluator, share your experiences or opinions below in the comments section to help us update it.
I just need one favour from you, please kindly share this article as much as you can with the below sharing buttons. See you on our upcoming article and do have a great day.