There was a time when I used to have problem with my computer, it was super slow and always hangs, to an extent that my friends starts calling me names like Sub-Zero, Mr. Hanger and others, this problem even stop me from collecting projects or works from people because there was no way I can handle the project with my freezing computer but when I try this simple solutions, my computer gets back to normal. Just follow these below tips if your computer is having same problem like I was having.
Also Read; Get Started With Your First Blog or Website.
Below are 11 Tips On How To Bring a Hanging or Freezing Computer Back To Its Normal State;
1. Keep on pressing “Num Lock” key to bring your Operating system back to normal state. This releases the processor from any busy process.
2. Click on ‘ctrl+alt+delete’ keys, the windows task manager will open, click on all programs that you don’t need and end the task, after that, you will see that all programs on your taskbar will close one by one. If this will resolve the issue, then save.
3. Remove unnecessary programs which you no longer use that are occupying space and memory. You can do this by going to control panel – add/remove programs.
4. If it did not resolve the problem, there might be some users logged-on on that computer. If so, go to switch user (you always see this when you start or on your computer) and log off that user, after that, go back to your logged-on screen and log-in again. The reason the computer hangs is because, if there are many open programs and applications, these retains in the memory, if it is too much for the memory to handle, it hangs or freezes.
5. Delete all internet temporary files. Go to tools – internet options – delete files both the offline content too.
6. Delete cookies, most people don’t do this, as for me, I always delete cookies at least once a week. Go to tools – internet options – delete cookies.
7. Clean your history at least once in a week, to do this, go to tools – internet options – clear history. I normally set my history to ‘0’, i.e when I restart my computer, it doesn’t save history pages that I have visited and I recommend you to the same.
8. Do defragmentation at least once a week. Just point the mouse to start button, then right click on explore, right click the mouse pointing to drive C (which is usually the main system logical drive). Go to properties – tools – defragment now.
9. Also check the logical drive’s volume for errors. Point the mouse to start button, then right click on explore, right click the mouse pointing to drive C. Go to properties – tools – check now.
10. Always make sure you have only one user logged-in. Even if there are many users, make sure the user logs-off after using the computer, rather than keeping it logged-on and you do the switching of users. Switching users is good as long as you don’t keep all users logged-in and I think that is more logical.
11. Always shut down the computer properly i.e do not use the power button when turning it off.
Note; some computers always hangs if you are connected to the internet via pdial up, and you are running too many applications as well as opening many websites. So I suggest, if you are multimedia user or a heavy internet user, then you are better off with a higher memory, at least 500+GB of memory.
Two Tips For Documents or File Saving;
A. If you’re working on an MS Office application, it will automatically save your document in case the programs suddenly shut down.
B. Always save your file at least every one minute by simply clicking on ‘ctrl+s’ or “diskette icon”. Just one click.
If you face any issues when using this tips above, feel free to inform me in the Comments section below and I hope you find this post useful and interesting, please do me a favour by sharing with friends and everyone, it might favour somebody as well. Check back soon for our next post or subscribe to get it faster.