On our previous article, where we discussed “How To Protect Your Blog”, I gave you guys three important things to ensure your blog is secured and I promised to keep sharing my insights and experience on the aforementioned topic. Blog security matters a lot, in fact, it’s one of the most important part in blogging as our blogs are always open to so many online threats which are often caused by hackers. There are lots of hackers on the net looking for all means to either damage your blog or even steal it from you. That’s why you must try as much as you can to protect your property against all threats. So today, we are going to be looking at “How Jetpack by WordPress.com Protects Your Blog”.
Jetpack by WordPress.com:- is a powerful plugin that serves as a means of security to your blog. It allows security details, guards your blog against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. It has basic protections which are always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack by WordPress.com currently have about 5 Million and above active installations.
Below is a description of Jetpack’s full suite for your site security.
1. It provides 24/7 Site Security to your blog, which is the most important to all bloggers.
2. It protects your blog from brute-force attack. Also has spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
3. It backups your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
4. It secures login, with optional two-factor authentication.
5. It has malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
6. It has the record of every changes made on your blog to simplify troubleshooting.
7. It has fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
1. Just activate the site accelerator tools and watch your page load times decrease — it will optimize your images and serve them from its own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage which helps to save money.
3. It allows Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your blog servers.
4. Some lazy images on your blog loads faster for a good mobile experience.
5. It enclosed unlimited and high-speed video via its own content delivery network.
So after setting up your WordPress blog, one of the first plugins you should install is Jetpack by WordPress.com. To install this plugin; from your Admin Dashboard, click on Plugins » Add New, this will take you to the plugins area, then type “Jetpack” (without the quotes) on the search bar and search for it, you will see the result as shown below. Click on install and activate the plugin. After that, do the necessary setup and start enjoying the plugin.
As my friends alway ask, “Are You For Safety?” and my reply is, “Yes I Am”. So what about you? Use the comments section below to inform us. I think this should be our slag when we are discussing site and online protections in general. Huh?
Well that’s all I have to say about “How Jetpack by WordPress.com Protects Your Blog”, and I will keep sharing my experience, insights, and understandings on how to protect your blog in future posts. Subscribe to our mailing newsletter if you want to stay updated.
Feel free to tell us how you feel about this content and if you know other useful tips on how to protect your blog, share your experiences or opinions below in the comments section to help us update it. I just need one favour from you, please kindly share this article as much as you can with the below sharing buttons, you will of course help someone to protect their valuable blogs and websites. See you on our upcoming article and do have a great day.