Ever had of steps to unblock yourself from WhatsApp? Of course, you might offend any of your friend that will make him/her block you on WhatsApp, but after you’ve apologized, they proudly say they won’t unblock you or lied they’ve unblock you. So today, we will be discussing on steps to easily unblock yourself if someone blocks you on WhatsApp.
So relax your mind and carefully read this article cause at the end, I believe you will be able to use the steps I will teach you to unblock yourself when someone on WhatsApp block you.
Before we go into it fully, let me quickly share small tips on WhatsApp Block feature.
WhatsApp Block Feature;
WhatsApp block feature allows every of its users to block any person they feel is not worthy to be in their WhatsApp contacts list. Many things can make someone to use the block feature, for instance, a person that is being too arrogant, insulting, intrusive, ex lover, a friend, family member, or you can even make mistake by tapping on it and blocked someone without knowing you do so.
How To Know If You’ve Been Blocked By Someone On WhatsApp;
* If you can’t find the person in your WhatsApp contact list, it could be that you’ve been blocked by that person.
* Sending a message to the person but won’t deliver even after some days.
* Check the profile of the person, if you can’t see the “last seen” time of that person, the status or profile picture of that person, then it’s obvious you’ve been blocked by him or her.
Meanwhile, blocking you is not the end of it for sure, you can easily unblock yourself. Carefully follow these steps below to get yourself unblocked anytime.
Step 1: Write down the contact or phone number that blocked you and delete it from your contact list or phone. It won’t be necessary if you didn’t save it in your phone but make sure you write it down.
Step 2: Backup your chats. I believe everybody already know how to backup their WhatsApp chat, both messages and media files. Well, if you don’t know, here’s a quick guide to create a Google Drive backup.
To Backup Your Chats and Media Files To a Google Drive;
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on Menu > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
2. Tap Backup to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency.
3. You will be prompted to select a Google account that you will backup your chat history to, if you do not have a Google account, tap add account when prompted. Please remember the Google account you are using for the backup.
4. Tap Backup over, to choose the network you wish to use.
Note; when you backup over cellular, it may result to additional data charges.
Step 3: Delete your WhatsApp account by tapping on Menu > Settings > Account > Delete My Account, provide answers to what they will ask you and tap on “Delete My Account”. By deleting your number from WhatsApp means you are no longer active on WhatsApp, so technically, you can’t block someone who is not on WhatsApp. Is this not fun enough? Believe me, whoever blocks you will no longer have you on their blocked list.
Step 4: Clear your WhatsApp data. Kindly go to your Phone Settings > Apps > WhatsApp and clear the data.
Step 5: Reactivate Your WhatsApp by opening your WhatsApp and register your number on the platform, just the way you did the first time you registered on it. By doing this, it’s as if you’re registering for the first time. I believe you get the gist.
Step 6: Restore your chats from Google Drive.
To Restore Your Chat Backup From Google Drive;
1. Make sure its same Google account that you used to perform the backup you add to your phone i.e you sign in to.
2. Uninstall and reinstall your WhatsApp.
3. Open WhatsApp after reinstalling it, then input your phone number and verify it (your phone number). After verifying your number, you will be prompted to restore your messages or chats and media from Google Drive, tap on Restore, it will restore all your chats, as well as your media files.
4. After the restoration process is complete, tap Next and your chats will be displayed once initialization is completed.
Note; you need to restore the backup from your Google Drive but if you don’t, WhatsApp will automatically restore the backup from your local storage, which could be phone internal memory or MicroSD Card.
Step 7: Re-add the contact(s) that blocked you and save the contact back on your phone. Now look for the contact and send a message as his or her profile picture and other information will be available for you to see again.
That’s all, you are done unblocking yourself. Feel very free to ask questions with the comments box below.
I hope you find this post useful and interesting? Worth sharing right? Kindly share it with your friends, it will be a great favour, and do subscribe to be the first to receive our daily updates.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.